Saturday, September 8, 2018

Cycle of Life

Philippians 2:12-18
(Use the link below to read the verses.)

  

When I went away to college, my Dad told me he expected a letter a week from me. I’m not sure if he said this because he was going to miss me, or if this was his way to try to control me… or maybe both.

 

Paul had a very close relationship with the Philippian believers. Like a parent, he had invested himself deeply into their lives. Now he was separated from them so that all he could do was pray for them and write this letter.

 

12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.      NLT

 

Paul had invested himself in the Philippians, and now they were to do the same with others. In a very real way, God’s plan is for you to be involved in this same spiritual cycle. A cycle where God is as much involved as you are.

 

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.    Philippians 1 NLT

 

13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.             Philippians 2 NLT

 

The “cycle of life” includes preparing your children for the day when they will leave your home with the intent that they will become an independent, mature adult. Then, possibly someday, they will raise a family of their own.

 

God has called us to be involved in the spiritual “cycle of life”. The first person He called to this was Abram.

 


 
 

This cycle of life promise is still valid today for you and me. Whose life are you involved in? Who is God using you to bless?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment