Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Power of THE Unbalanced Force
Matthew 6:5-13
(Use the link below to read the verses.)

 
 

Newton's first Law of Motion reads like this:

 

“An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.”

 

According to teachertech.rice.edu, “This means that there is a natural tendency of objects to keep on doing what they're doing. All objects resist changes in their state of motion. In the absence of an unbalanced force, an object in motion will maintain this state of motion.”         

 

Newton’s three Laws of Motion are the foundation of classical physics. I hated physics! It just didn’t make any sense to me. Apparently though, the main goal of physics is to understand how the universe behaves. Now that interests me, because we as humans are a part of the universe.

 

If you apply Newton’s first Law of Motion to people it might read like this:

 

Every person has their own beliefs, attitudes and habits which will remain the same unless acted on by an unbalanced force. The result is that our human nature resists change.

 

Like Newton’s physical laws, there are spiritual laws at work in our world, and in our hearts.

 


21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 7:21-25 NIV

 

Because of this battle with us, it is critical for us to pray in the way that Jesus taught his followers including, “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” Or from the Good News Translation: “Do not bring us to hard testing, but keep us safe from the Evil One.”

 

In other words, “Lord, please be that unbalanced force that redirects my life; that
engages me where I am at; that leads me through trials and temptations; that delivers me from evil; that protects me from myself and from the evil of the world; that changes me into the person you created me to be.”

 

But, if you pray this prayer, be ready for THE unbalanced force.

 

  
 

(If God has spoken to you through this blog, please feel free to share it with others.)


 
Other related verses you might want to read:

James 1:13-15

1 Corinthians 10:13

James 4:7-8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment