Saturday, May 21, 2016

Now Imagine This


Psalm 82

 

Imagine this: All the leaders and people with power of this world gathered together in a great hall - the Hall of Justice. They wait nervously for the Great Judge to enter the room where they realize He will judge them according to His values, His priorities, and His character.

 
God presides in the heavenly council;
    in the assembly of the gods he gives his decision:
“You must stop judging unjustly;
    you must no longer be partial to the wicked!
Defend the rights of the poor and the orphans;
    be fair to the needy and the helpless.
Rescue them from the power of evil people.
    GNT

 

The Great Judge, the King of Kings, the Living God, shows a pattern throughout His Book that protects the powerless against those who would exploit or oppress them. Likewise, God calls each one of us to live accordingly. Listen to the words of Jesus as he told the parable of the Sheep and Goats in Matthew 25.

 

35 I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, 36 naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.’  37 ‘When, Lord, did we ever see you… 40 The King will reply, ‘I tell you, whenever you did this for one of the least important of these followers of mine, you did it for me!’     GNT

 

Now, imagine this: You and I, along with all the people of the world gathered together in a great hall - the Hall of Justice. We wait nervously for the Great Judge to enter the room where we realize He will judge us according to His values, His priorities, and His character.

 Have we been faithful?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment